Sunday 8 January 2012

Haggis Hats in Hoboland

2012 has begun with a social whirl of music and dancing, sangria and song, from hobos with haggis hats to elegant gowns and romantic Greek islands. Where oh where to begin?

It will have to be with the wonderful people I met at the Mamaa Saiz concert at the Blown Down Juke Joint on Hobo, where I was presented with a free haggis hat and a kilt, in honour of Mr Derek Sienkiewicz' birthday. Attending live music can mean finding yourself in venues which range from nudist clubs to formal ballrooms with strict dress codes, but as you may imagine, a venue full of kilt-sporting, haggis-wearing hobos is a place where the Bobster finds herself immediately at home. Throw in music from Mamaa Saiz (a guitar-playing, blues-singing, rather lovely fellow who shares with me the distinction of a name which tends towards the provocation of gender confusion), and a splendid time is guaranteed for all. Look him up in events and hear for yourself.

Hobos, having a splendid time

Mamaa Saiz is a male person, unlike Bob McBoint

After the show I hung around in order to scrounge cake off the hobos, who welcomed me as a kindred spirit adrift in a world full of people who care if their socks match. As we danced the night away, talking of cabbages and kings and other unlikelihoods, I received the gift of two dresses from Ms Inga Wind; as I am a cheap old biddy who lives on freebies and saves her lindens for tipping, I had no idea what a generous and marvellous present this was until I popped off to a sandbox to open the boxes and try them on.

Darlings, I am as happy as a little girl! May I present to you, my Top 2 New Looks for 2012?



Dresses by Inga Wind Clothing
Haggis Hat by Firery Broome
Other Bits by Other People
Inspiration by Jack Daniels & Bolt of Lightening

Thank you so very much, Inga and Firery! I simply love 91.275% of the people I meet on Second Life!

I shall turn away from narcissism for now, and close this entry with a snap I took at the end of Spirited Amore's show on the island of Santorini: the dashing Spirited Emor dancing with the sweet-natured Dixie Myrtle.



Ciao, chaps and chapettes. Ciao and adieu!

(Read a lovely piece which truly captures the spirit of Mamaa Saiz on the Metaverse Tribune.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

There, there, love, you can tell Bob anything you like.