Saturday 11 February 2012

The Beautiful People

Oh how the days fly by, full of good intentions and wispy evenings, street lights spluttering, cream melting into hot chocolate. Once upon a time a week would last forever (if you remembered to milk the goat right before breakfast), but with the hustle and bustle and bristle of the modern world we are swept along in an eternal rush of nonsense, much as that which streams from my fingertips when I have accidentally eaten a whole bag of chocolate covered coffee beans shortly after drinking a pot of coffee.

A memory stirs, gently as a mote of dust, and whispers, BOB! You declared it your week of fashion!

And methinks it speaks the truth.

To show off my next item of virtual vintage I am posing at the infamous Lauren's Place, where I enjoyed an evening of stand-up comedy and a Tamra Hayden concert, both of which were attended by Second Life's brightest, bestest, funniest, and most beautiful.

Groovy, baby!


I am thoroughly enchanted by my Fierce Psychedelia outfit, which comes complete with sexy silver boots, sunglasses with that perfect touch of bling, and an afro (not pictured). Here I am wearing it with my deeply beloved Soda Bottle Cap earrings by Rowena Paine (strawberry flavoured). Hair by Exile completes the look.

Naturally the company was the very best, including Lauren Weyland, Crap Mariner, Ayesha Lytton, the lovely Miss Fijilove, the fabulous Quentin Crispy, the very tiny alien Stephen Fryingpan, and the fashionably malformed Bacon Spam.

The Fabulous Quentin Crispy, with Dame Bob McBoint, and Sir Bacon Spam


The beautiful people, the beautiful people... and Mr Stephen Fryingpan, alien.


Live music events are always a blast and I do encourage you to attend them, should you not already do so. One does run into the funniest fellows at them (and sometimes some considerable hotties, such as for instance Gwampa)!

Finally I should like to thank you, dear reader(s), for your kind attentions to me, and furthermore to alert you in advance to the fact that my next post will contain an exciting announcement and invitation (as well as more vintage fashion).

No comments:

Post a Comment

There, there, love, you can tell Bob anything you like.